Advanced Anatomy & Application to Yoga Asana
Time & Location
This intensive anatomy course will dive deeper into the musculoskeletal, nervous, cardiovascular, and digestive systems and shed light on why a basic understanding of these systems is essential for yoga students and instructors.
Other topics include:
• Common injuries of the ankle, knee, hip, shoulder, elbow, and wrist. Appropriate modifications will be provided where applicable
• Examination of Asana practice from a biomechanical and connective tissue/fascia perspective
• Joints and how they move, concave and convex bones, joint congruence
• Fascia research, bio tensegirty
This course is open to all teachers, bodyworkers, therapists, healthcare professionals and keen yoga students who are interested in learning how to enrich their personal practice.
Dates: New Dates Coming Soon!
Investment: $300 + HST
* This is a mandatory course in Yoga Light Studio’s 300 Hour Advanced Teacher Training Program (Yoga Alliance / 60 hours + 10 non-contact hours). Hours for this training can be credited towards all of the studio’s Teacher Training Certifications and Continuing Education *