Advanced Meditation Training Part 1 & Part 2
Time & Location
This course will:
- Help you to deepen your understanding of meditation (foundations, history, and practice), beyond the concepts studied in the Meditation Intensive
- Deepen your knowledge of the tools available to further your own meditation or mindfulness practices;
- Further explore the practice, and application of meditation and mindfulness in healthcare, education, worksites, and other applications;
- Further explore the benefits of different types of meditation practices;
- Teach you how to enhance your ability to script and deliver guided and/or themed meditations;
- Teach the skills to apply mindfulness practices to relationships and situations of conflict, trauma, and overall life Further explore the ethics of guiding meditations;
- Provide mentoring during and after the training.
This training is beneficial for Yoga Instructors, Health Care Providers, Life Coaches, and Educators interested in teaching meditation or mindfulness, or in incorporating these techniques into a professional setting. It is also valuable for those looking to take control of their personal health through a greater understanding of the mind-body connection, or to deepen their connection to the people and the environment through increased awareness and mindfulness.
After the course, participants who wish to receive teacher training hours will be required to lead 2 guided mediation classes at Yoga Light Studio (Practicum).
This course is offered in-studio & online.
Part 1 (10 hours) is suitable for beginners.
An existing meditation practice and/or prior Mediation Training is recommended, and/or completion of Part 1 of the Advanced Meditation Intensive, prior to enrolling in Part 2 (10 hours) of the Training.
All training hours may be used towards Yoga Light’s teacher training certifications, or Yoga Alliance continuing hours.
Part 1 - November 6 & 7, 2021
Part 2 - November 12 & 14, 2021
$300 + HST